- How far in advance should I book my rentals?
- The general rule of thumb is that the earlier you book your event, the better off you are. If you are booking a large order of party rental equipment, or especially a tent rental, we recommend a several month lead time to guarantee the availability of your equipment. Wedding Season (May-September) books especially fast, so we recommend calling well in advance for events in those months.
- What is the difference between a Pole tent
and a Frame tent?
- Pole tents are the peaked tents you might
typically see at a carnival or fair. Pole tents have center
poles that hold up the canopy and are always staked into the
ground for support. Frame tents do not have a center pole
because their canopy is supported by a structured frame construction.
Frame tents can be staked into the ground or weighted down
with cement weights or water barrels for support. For locations
where the ground is not available for staking, Frame tents
are a fantastic option.
- What size tent do I need?
- Please refer to our tent sizing chart.
Upon placing your order, you may request a C.A.D of
your event to ensure that adequate space has been provided
for your gathering.
- Is there a minimum order?
- Total Events has a minimum delivery
order during our busy season. However, there is no minimum
order on Client pick-up. Please call to inquire.
- Where are you located?
- Total Events is located at 4021 State
Street, Niskayuna NY 12304. We are ½ mile East
of The Mohawk Commons and Balltown Road and 5 ½ miles
West of Northway Exit 2W. Our office hours of operation
are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. If you would like to
meet with an Event Specialist outside of this timeframe,
please call to schedule an appointment
- How far do you travel for an event?
- We regularly construct events ranging
from the Hudson Valley through the Adirondack Park.
We travel lengthier distances for larger events and
- What type of deposit is required?
- Total Events requires a deposit of 50%
in order to reserve your equipment. Orders are not considered
to be definite until your deposit and signed contract have been
- What happens if I need to cancel or change
- Deposits are non-refundable. Please be advised
that once you reserve an order, all other orders are then turned
away in order to preserve your equipment. Should you cancel your
reservation, your deposit will be forfeited. Should you need
to reduce the number of items rented, please submit in writing
your requested changes at least 10 days prior to the event to
avoid being charged for original amount ordered.
- What are your delivery and pick-up hours?
- Total Events crews are in operation between
8am and 6pm, Monday through Saturday. All deliveries and breakdowns
that occur outside of these hours are subject to additional overtime
charges. Same day set-up and breakdown is also subject to additional