From DJ’s to photographers to wedding planners, it can turn into a headache to find the right professionals to help orchestrate your wedding.
Remember, though, that they’re experienced in every facet of their jobs, and likely have been involved in hundreds of weddings and receptions that went off without a hitch. Trust them to make your wedding the day you’ve been dreaming about all your life.The following are 5 Tips for Finding the Right Professionals for Your Wedding and Reception:
- Attend bridal shows to meet the vendors in person. Bring a list of questions, and dont be afraid to take your time.
- Ask for references. You’ll have better peace of mind if you speak to other couples who’ve used their services, particularly if your wedding style is going to be similar. For example, did the planner create the perfect winter wedding backdrop? Were they helpful in carrying out every last detail at a beach wedding and reception? Gather as many specifics as possible.
- Look closely at their portfolio books. This will give you a sense of their capabilities, as well as give you some additional ideas. Again, take your time so you get a good sense of their work results.
- Taste test! Your baker can provide samples of their cakes and other sweets. The caterer can give you a chance to nibble some of the hors d'oeuvres and entrees you plan to serve.
- Visit their showroom or office, meet with them in person. Although so many things can be booked online these days, for the most important aspects of your event (rentals, venue, photographer, caterer) you will want to see firsthand their professionalism and value.
At Total Events, you can count on our expertise to help set the perfect environment for your special day. From event lighting to custom drapery and more, we’re here to attend to your every need. Contact us today!