Perhaps no season provides the perfect backdrop for a wedding than autumn. Gone are the pastels preferred by many couples for spring and summer ceremonies, with rich jewel tones taking their place. Foods can become more palate pleasing and guests won’t be sweating in their wedding finery.
- One of the simplest ways to celebrate fall is with seasonal blooms: Dahlias, calla lilies, and camellias are all gorgeous options for autumn. Work with your florist to highlight fall flowers in your bridal and bridesmaids’ bouquets. Accessorize tables with complementary hues.
- For your bridesmaid dresses, opt for slightly darker shades of your favorite summer colors, like charcoal instead of pale grey or dusty rose over blush.
- Find a way to incorporate fall foliage into your décor. Fallen leaves with gold lettering make elegant place cards.
- Accent your tables with candelabras. The glow of candlelight adds the perfect romantic ambiance.
- Serve heartier comfort foods like squash soup and bacon wrapped shrimp.
- Autumnal flavors, like pumpkin and apple spice, are fun alternatives to traditional wedding cake flavors like vanilla. Some couples even add cider donuts to their dessert bar!
At Total Events, the autumnal season is one of our favorite times of the year to help you plan a picture perfect wedding. Let us help you create the setting you’re looking for with lighting, linens and more. We look forward to working with you this fall!