One of the many details you get to choose when planning your wedding is the flowers. Flowers play a huge part in a wedding. They are used for decoration and centerpieces, held in bouquets by the bride and bridesmaids, and boutonnieres for the groomsmen… they are basically EVERYWHERE!
Since flowers are going to play a major role, it’s good to make sure you keep in mind your wedding’s theme, season, and color palette.
Here are some ideas for the right flowers to choose and how to incorporate them into your special day!
- Roses: Roses are definitely a staple flower. They come in almost any color imaginable and are available during all seasons. Try a romantic red for a more formal theme, or go with white for a rustic barn wedding. They can also be perfectly matched to any theme colors you've chosen.
- Mums: These are PERFECT for fall weddings, as they are known for their gorgeous shades of red, orange, and yellow and are mostly grown in the fall. They also come in bright, fun colors, such as different shades of pink and purple.
- Carnations: Carnations are a popular winter flower. They also come in almost any color imaginable. Add them to your bouquet or use a single flower for your groomsmen’s boutonnieres.
- Tulips: Nothing says springtime like Tulips. If you’re planning a spring wedding, why not go for some of these gorgeous flowers? They come in bright, fun colors that will be perfect for the season.
- Daisies: Daisies are great in the summer because although they are known for their white petals and bright yellow center, they can be any color you want. They also look amazing with colored roses, so mix some traditional white daisies into your rose bouquet.