Why throw corporate holiday party with mistletoe as the sole entertainment, and the same old boring egg nog? There are lots of trendy new ideas out there to make your party spirited and send your guests home jolly.
Here are 5 Ideas for Holiday Parties Your Guests Will Talk About Into the New Year:
- Christmahanukwanzaa Party: The world is a celebration of cultures, and holidays are a great time to recognize this. Consider throwing an all-denominations holiday celebration. Decorate with symbols that can include a Christmas tree, Hanukkah lights, and a Kinara candle holder for Kwanzaa, and spend some time learning about one another's holidays.
- Christmas Carol Karaoke Night: Carolers in the streets may be a thing of the past, but there’s no shame in belting out “Jingle Bells” when gathered with colleagues. Use a home karaoke set and be sure to add classics as well as new hits like Coldplay’s “Christmas Lights,” and N Sync’s “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” (good luck with these tunes). Set the scene with spotlights and a stage.
- Re-Gifting Party: Admit it, you've done it - recycled a gift as a present for someone else. Why not bring it all out in the open? Tell your guests to bring one of last year’s castaway gifts – their chia pet, mug warmer, automatic bubble gum dispenser – and bring them wrapped. Then have everyone choose a wrapped gift or “steal” an unwrapped gift from someone else. Remember, one person’s trash is another’s treasure.
- Ugly Sweater Party: If the reindeer and puffy snowflake sweater from Aunt Winifred hasn’t seen the light of day in years, now’s the time to proudly display it. Outfit yourself with the tackiest top you have hiding in the closet, or head to a discount store and see what you can find for under $10. Have prizes for the most dreadful or worst use of a Christmas theme. Don’t forget to take tons of photos.
- Summer in December: Have colleagues wear beach attire like Hawaiian shirts and shorts. Splurge and turn up the thermostat. Use beach balls and inflatable palm trees for decorations. Play reggae and Beach Boys music. Put paper umbrellas in drinks with a slice of pineapple.
Whatever theme you choose, call us at Total Events to be a resource for creating unique looks and designs for your annual holiday gathering. By adding details like lighting, linens and seating, we can help you create the perfect backdrop for your one-of-a-kind party. “Tis the season!