As soon as you’ve said “yes,” put the ring on and told the families, it’s time to get to work. If you’re planning a large wedding (anything other than eloping or going to City Hall), there are steps you should take -- starting now.
Here is an Overview of What Needs to be Done:
- Find an officiant and wedding venue. This may come before you set the date! Call your clergyman and see if the church is available, or contact your wedding/reception venue (party hall, restaurant, hotel, outdoor park) to check their dates. Then…
- Set the date and time. Tell everyone early in person or via email, then have “save the date” postcards printed and sent to your intended guest list.
- Reserve your wedding vendors, including photographer, DJ, videographer, florist and caterer (if there’s not one who works exclusively at your venue).
- Choose your bridal party and groomsmen.
- Shop for the dress! Bring bridesmaids along so you can pick out their dresses at the same time. Send the men to the tuxedo rental store for their fittings and reservations.
- Remember, good wedding planners can be irreplaceable. From orchestrating the entire event to taking care of a few tasks, your planner could become irreplaceable to you and your family.
- Don’t forget to call Total Events early during your planning! We’ll help you create the ambiance and background for the wedding you’re envisioning. We give every couple personal attention and have lots of creative ideas for making your wedding ceremony and reception perfect. We’ve worked with venues of various sizes all across the Capital Region, and promise your wedding will be picture perfect